Subject: Collective wisdom

From: Ken Sandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:08:11 -0700

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the
world, I can't help but cry.  I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but
not with all those flies and death and stuff." --Mariah Carey

Question: "If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever,
because if we were supposed to live forever, then we could live forever,
but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
--Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

"I haven't committed a crime.  What I did was fail to comply with the
law." --David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that
he failed to pay his taxes.

"Smoking kills.  If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of
your life." --Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson
for a federal anti-smoking campaign.

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history...this
century's history....We all lived in the century.  I didn't live in the
century." --Dan Quayle, then Indiana senator and Republican
vice-presidential candidate during a news conference in which he was
asked his opinion of the Holocaust.

"The streets are safe in Philadelphia.  It's only the people who make
them unsafe." --Frank Rizzo, ex-police chief and mayor of Philadelphia.